NEW reporting obligations and gender equality indicators under the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 have been tabled in Parliament and will take effect from 1 April 2014.
The Workplace Gender Equality (Matters in relation to Gender Equality Indicators) Instrument 2013 (No. 1) provides a reporting framework in relation to gender equality indictors for relevant employers.
The Indicators encompass:
- Gender Equality Indicator 1—gender composition of the workforce
- Gender Equality Indicator 2—gender composition of governing bodies of relevant employers
- Gender Equality Indicator 3—equal remuneration between women and men
- Gender Equality Indicator 4—availability and utility of employment terms, conditions and practices relating to flexible working arrangements for employees and to working arrangements supporting employees with family or caring responsibilities
- Gender Equality Indicator 5—consultation with employees on issues concerning gender equality in the workplace
- Gender Equality Indicator 6—sex-based harassment and discrimination
AMMA provided a submission regarding the Gender Equality Indicators in January 2013.
For more information, please contact the AMMA Policy Team on (07) 3210 0313.