Resource People Spring 16′ is hitting members’ desks this week, and as the final edition of the year, it’s only fitting that we focus on the employers that continue to strengthen our industry’s contribution to the nation.
The recent 2016 AMMA Industry Awards were a celebration of those who have raised industry standards in key workforce areas. While the five companies and two individual award recipients were acknowledged at the glittering AMMA National Conference Gala Dinner and Awards ceremony in Perth, we’re delighted to bring you their stories of success in more detail within this edition of Resource People.
The 2016 AMMA Industry Award winners are:
- Indigenous Employment & Retention Award:Fortescue Metals Group (p.6)
- Young Professional Award: Joint winners, Viva Energy’s Annie Martyn and
Wirrpanda Foundation’s Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls (p.10)
- Health & Wellbeing Award:New Hope Group (p.18)
- Training & Development:The Mancala Group (p.22)
- Australian Women in Resources Alliance Award: Australian Rail Track Corporation (p.26)
- Workforce Innovation Award:Compass Group (p.44)
As the only magazine for workforce professionals in the mining, energy and related sectors, this edition of Resources People also brings you the latest analysis of key human resources and workplace relations issues, lessons and insights from the people leading our world-class projects, and much more.
Click here to read Resource People online.
Have an interesting or inspiring story that you’d like to see within the pages of Resource People? Contact AMMA head of media, marketing and communications Tom Reid via (07) 3210 0313 or [email protected].