Australian Resources and Energy Group AMMA is pleased to announce the appointment of Newcrest Mining’s Chief People & Sustainability Officer Lisa Ali (pictured) to its Board of Directors.
Ms Ali’s international experience adds further capability to an already diverse group of AMMA Directors.
An accomplished resources and energy professional, Ms Ali joined Newcrest Mining in February 2020 following a number of senior leadership roles in the oil and gas, petrochemical and manufacturing sectors.
She spent 12 years in various global positions with BP before joining Trinidad Petroleum as its Head of Transformation.
“AMMA and its Directors welcome Lisa Ali joining the Board of Australia’s national resources and energy industry group,” AMMA Chief Executive Steve Knott said.
“Ms Ali brings an international perspective on people leadership, having worked in executive roles in the Caribbean, Brazil, United Kingdom and Abu Dhabi, for some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies.
“In addition, Ms Ali’s passion for developing the next generation of talent through diversity and inclusion will be a tremendous asset and aligns strongly with the vision and work of AMMA members.”
As of 26 August 2020, the AMMA Board of Directors now comprises:
- Tom Quinn (AMMA President) – Group Executive Director, Ventia
- Meg O’Neill – (AMMA Vice President) Executive Vice President Development and Marketing, Woodside Energy
- Linda O’Farrell (AMMA Vice President) – Group Manager Fortescue People, Fortescue
- Johnpaul Dimech – CEO Geographic Regions and Region Chair – Asia Pacific, Sodexo
- Nathan Fay – Chairman, ExxonMobil Australia Group of Companies
- Stuart Mathews – Executive Vice President Australasia, Gold Fields Australasia
- Shelley Roberts – Managing Director, Compass Group Australia
- Lisa Ali – Chief People & Sustainability Officer, Newcrest Mining
MEDIA CONTACT: Brad Thompson, 0409 781 580