KEEPING your workforce up to date with new innovations and best workplace practice is a challenge every resource employer faces in the evolving business environment. As more and more mining, oil and gas projects transition from construction into production, training and development becomes increasingly important for meeting the skills challenges ahead.
To help AMMA better deliver the services you need to tackle a challenging skills future, you are invited to have your voice heard as part of the Workforce Development Special Interest Group.
With the support of AMMA members, AMMA has established the Workforce Development Special Interest Group committee to provide an important platform for resource employers to gain information about upcoming industry trends, raise concerns on a variety of workforce issues, and help shape AMMA’s policy and lobbying efforts in relation to Training and Development.
The group will meet quarterly around the country, offering a valuable opportunity for resource employers to network with colleagues across the same field of operations, to discuss common issues of importance, and to exchange information about challenges and opportunities affecting their workforce.
Date: 31st March 2014
Time: 2:30pm -4:30pm
Venue: AMMA, Level 6, 232 Adelaide St, Brisbane Q. 4000
Some of the issues on the first agenda include:
- The changing VET landscape
- Changes to the RII training package and assessment guidelines
- Is your workforce heading for ‘good fortune’?
- Building self and social awareness
- The changing industrial relations landscape within the resource sector and implications for members and
- An opportunity for attendees to provide feedback to AMMA on emerging issues and their associated policy implications.
Join key leaders across the resource industry as part of the AMMA Workforce Development Special Interest Group by clicking the link below.