The AMMA team is proactive and relationship-driven. We pride ourselves on developing long-term relationships with our members and delivering ongoing value to their workplaces.
Workplace relations within the resources and energy industry can be highly complex, with many layers of legislation and regulation to navigate. With intimate knowledge of the sector and many years of experience, AMMA’s consultants can simplify the process for you, minimising exposure and risk, and ensuring you are not only complying with your obligations, but applying ‘best practice’ in your workplaces.
We take pride in our ability to get underneath your issues, gain a deep understanding of your specific needs and tailor a solution for the best outcomes. We can boost your capability by having a consultant engaged for ongoing support, or even on secondment to your operations for as long as required.
As the resources and energy industry’s own employer group, when you collaborate with AMMA you can be assured you’re receiving expert advice, based on an intimate knowledge of the sector and with genuine concern for the outcomes for your business.
Our services are provided at highly-competitive hourly or fixed price rates, with AMMA members receiving exclusive pricing and arrangement. Whether it is for general workplace advice or the more complex issues requiring high-level specialist advice, we have you covered.
With extensive capability in all aspects of people management within the resource industry, we can assist you in the effective management of your employees through all phases of the business cycle.
Many of our members utilise AMMA’s expertise in HR strategy development, including through workforce feasibility analysis and labour costs; organisational structure and job design; and employee relations and communications strategies.
To get the most out of the day-to-day management of your businesses and your people, we can assist you with issues such as people management systems and processes; performance management; HR mentoring and support; and occupational health and safety.
Other specific HR services include:
• Change management including mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and downsizing
• Advice on terms and conditions of fitness for work;
• Drug and alcohol policies;
• Salary packaging; and
• Employee value propositions.
AMMA Consulting Services
With many collective years of resource industry knowledge and experience in the field, our team can deal with everything from the development of strategic project plans to quick expert advice over the phone.
AMMA's specialist expertise includes:
- Development of workplace relations strategies;
- Advice and guidance in bargaining;
- Design and implementation of flexible working arrangements;
- Strategic advice and guidance through the tender process for significant maintenance and construction work;
- Development and review of employment relations management plans contract management;
- Management of workplace relations for major shut down projects;
- Development of risk mitigation strategies;
Specialist industry advice is provided on:
- Union rules and issues related to agreement coverage;
- Union right of entry and workplace access issues;
- Conducting BOOT tests;
- Good faith bargaining and employer obligations;
- Implementation of redundancy processes; and
- Complying with the National Building Code and regulations.
AMMA Communications and Public Affairs
Our experts can assist in employee engagement and communication, countering negative responses from external stakeholders such as unions and the development and production of proactive campaigns.
AMMA's unique position as the resource industry employer group ensures its communications and public affairs specialists all have extensive experience in the workplace relations environment.