Workplace Relations Consultant
0419 887 303 | [email protected]
Kathryn McMillan is an experienced employment lawyer with a wealth of knowledge in key workplace relations issues relevant to the resources and energy industry.
Kathryn has a strong background and intimate knowledge of the statutory and industrial peculiarities of the Australian resources and energy sector.
She joined AMMA from Minter Ellison’s leading Brisbane employment practice and also has good industrial credentials through prior experience at the Fair Work Commission.
In addition to providing general employment and industrial relations advice and litigation (including discrimination, adverse action and termination disputes), she has a strong understanding of the employment aspects of corporate restructures and works with businesses to develop tailored industrial strategies and negotiated enterprise agreements.
Working for asset owners and contractors alike, Kathryn provides strategic and practical advice in a range of workplace relations and employment law areas including:
- Restructuring, including insourcing and outsourcing strategy and implementation
- Drafting and training managers in implementation of employment contracts, policies and procedures, post-employment restraints, protection of confidential information and intellectual property
- Conducting workplace investigations
- Managing workplace disputes relating to disciplinary procedures and bullying and harassment complaints
- Defending unfair dismissal and general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission and Federal Court
- Defending anti-discrimination, equal opportunity and contractual disputes in State and Federal courts and tribunals
- Developing industrial strategies for matters such as union engagement, enterprise agreement negotiations, termination of enterprise agreements
Kathryn completed a Master of Laws (Workplace and Employment) in 2012, holds a double degree in Law and Criminology and was admitted to practice in 2010.