Downer’s Mining division has been successfully delivering contract mining and civil earthmoving services to an impressive list of global clients for almost 90 years. It is now one of Australia’s leading diversified mining contractors, with around 5,000 employees and 700 contractors working across more than 50 sites in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South America and South Africa.
We support our coal and metalliferous mining clients at all stages of the mining lifecycle, with a wide range of services including:
- Open-cut mining
- Underground mining
- Drill and blast services (through our subsidiary Downer Blasting Services), including explosives manufacture and supply
- Exploration drilling
- Tyre management (through our subsidiaries Otraco International and Rimtec)
- Mobile plant maintenance
- Mine planning and design
- Civil and bulk earthworks
- Low-emission mining solutions
- Indigenous training and development
- Our current client base comprises a mix of local and international clients, such as AngloGold Ashanti, BHP Billiton, BMA Coal, Codelco, Fortescue
- Metals Group, Idemitsu Australia Resources, Ok Tedi Mining, Peabody Energy Australia, Rio Tinto, Solid Energy, TRUenergy and Wesfarmers Resources.