PUBLIC comment on the draft model Work Health and Safety fourth set Codes of Practices will close on 24 August 2012.
- Amusement Devices;
- Industrial Lift Trucks;
- Managing Risks of Plant in Rural Workplaces;
- Managing Security Risks in the Cash-in-Transit Industry; and
- Managing Risks in Forestry Operations.
To make a submission on the fourth set of Codes of Practice, click here
Eight of the 12 second-stage model Codes of Practice, which underpin the harmonised Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations have taken effect:
- First Aid in the Workplace;
- Construction Work;
- Preventing Falls in Housing Construction;
- Managing the Risks of Plant in the Workplace;
- Managing Risks of Hazardous Chemicals in the Workplace;
- Safe Design of Structures;
- Managing Electrical Risks in the Workplace; and
- Demolition Work.
The following second-stage model Codes of Practice are due to be released:
- Excavation Work;
- Spray Painting and Powder Coating;
- Abrasive Blasting; and
- Welding Processes.
The public comment for the third set of codes of practice closed in June.
Since 1 January 2012, six jurisdictions have implemented new WHS laws based on the model WHS laws: Queensland, New South Wales, Tasmania (with a commencement date of 1 January 2013), the Northern Territory, the Australian Capital Territory and the Commonwealth.