AMMA has lodged a submission to the Australian Industrial Relations Commission seeking variations to the Mining Industry Award 2010 in five key respects:
- the insertion of annualised salary provisions that would permit an employee to be paid a salary irrespective of the actual rostered hours worked by the employee in the pay period;
- the amendment of the hours of work provisions to provide that up to 12 ordinary hours of work per day may be worked by both shift and nonshift workers;
- the insertion of provisions to expressly provide rostering arrangements for the working of “cycle work”;
- the insertion of a provision to expressly permit handover working arrangements; and
- the insertion of provisions which permit an employer to reasonably require an employee to take annual leave in accordance with roster arrangements.
In each case, the variations sought reflect arrangements presently operating in practice in the mining industry.
Download a copy of the AMMA Submission here.